Saturday, May 15, 2010

Closing thoughts on audience presentation

While many of the questions were good and relevant to the subject matter, some of them we a little too complex and/or redundant. In some cases the questions weren't dealing with the core issue as. I thought the closing question that Emily brought up, "What is the role and the responsibility of the artist today?" was the most pertinent question. And something that we should all consider.

I think it is a complex question that I'm trying to grapple with. Since art eludes concrete definition I think that it is difficult to have a concrete answer to that question. Of course there are things that I wish that artists could and would do but the definitions and roles vary depending on the individual artist and the setting in which they are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment